Friday, June 16, 2006

uppity disability dot net goes mobile - new laptop. Publishing Empire Coming Soon...

...well, Empire may be stretching it.

But a wonderful friend gave me her old laptop, it is running an ancient copy of win 95 (an yes, i AM running firefox on it...) A fresh OS, (yep, linux does run...) a couple pcmcia cards...and a usb wireless hub, and Well, we'll be doing the wifi media server. Give me a week or two. And a new head of hair because upgrading computers sucks. But no - it is really insane how cheap this can all be done, well under a hundred dollars... I hope to to explain the joys of diy media creation at a few events in the future, notably the Maine Social Forum and some sort of event in NYC in September. *I* even think i can upload video with the laptop. We will see. Tons more interesting stuff to post, like my review of 'Letters to Sam",some stuff about ssome local activist stuff and maybe a new design

Mike R.